Teach Unlimited Foundation (“TUF”) is a non-profit and mission-driven organization in Hong Kong. We strive to impact the personal development of socially and financially disadvantaged students through a professional and interactive mentoring approach that is evidence-based.
1) To support the education and personal development of socially disadvantaged students through enhancing self-esteem, learning attitude, and motivation.
2) To develop high caliber, socially conscious, and passionate university graduates as role models and future leaders to advance the cause of quality education for all.
3) To model an effective way of mentorship and promote its integration into youth education in Hong Kong.
1) The placement of 2 full time program mentors in schools serving challenging communities to provide customised education support and mentoring to students
2) A 2-year leadership development program for high caliber university graduates, recruited as program mentors, who are to be trained and groomed as role models in guiding, motivating and mentoring the students
Ultimately, we wanted to improve education prospects of disadvantaged students in Hong Kong through the provision of inspired and inspiring learning experiences.
Follow us on FB @TeachUnlimitedFoundation & IG @teachunlimited
Do you want to be the ‘’change agent’’ for education in HK? Are you passionate in helping teenagers to grow! YOU can be our PROGRAM MENTOR!
Our Mentors do not start out as teachers, nor do they need to have any teaching qualifications. We welcome prospective or recent university graduates from ANY disciplines! Far more than just classroom teaching, acceptance into our TUF Leadership Development Program means you will:
• Unleash your leadership potential
• Support the personal growth of socially and financially disadvantaged youths in Hong Kong
• Partner with teachers and educators
• Join a community who are passionate to learn, to innovate and to build better lives
• Learn and grow your strengths on the job
• Connect to our renowned corporate partners
• Get on the ground experience that you can use to influence real change
What you get in return?
• Develop your career with the unique School-based Education field experience
94% of our graduated Program Mentors subsequently entered education or youth development fields after they completed the two-year service even they did not graduated from an Education degree. Our Alumni Community with over 30 members forms a very strong network in Education and Social Change initiative and is dedicated to support the organisational growth of TUF.
• 500+ hours of leadership and professional development
You will be trained and fully supported as a Program Mentor. You will receive intensive one-month pre-placement training and be equipped on every Leadership Development Fridays. Meanwhile, our partner school will designate a senior staff member as your Institutional Coach who will support your initial induction and adjustment in the school, provide ongoing guidance, support and feedback to improve your program delivery. Along the two year, you will be provided with one-on-one Personal Coaching by an experienced executive coach to support your personal growth.
• Competitive Scholarship package and benefits
Successful candidates chosen to participate in the TUF Leadership Development Program will receive a scholarship award start with competitive monthly income in terms of a scholarship over 24 months by instalments. In addition, they will have discretionary year-end bonus, 15 vacation days annually, as well as eligible for MPF and medical insurance.
What is your job?
•Collaborate with key staff members of the assigned Partner School to deliver a 2-year Mentoring and Education Support Program.
•Provide one-on-one guidance to students through Structured Mentorship and use English as the springboard, develop dynamic and inspiring learning initiatives in small group settings
•Support personal growth of students and broaden their horizon through extra-curricular activities and/or CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) projects with renowned commercial organizations
•Be responsible for monitoring program progress and measuring its impact
•Take active commitment and ownership in the TUF Leadership Development Program, as well as personal and professional development
Who will be our right fit?
These people will stand out in our selection:
•Share TUF mission and core values: Righteousness, Respect, Compassion, Modesty, Perseverance, Uniqueness
• Have proven leadership and/or community service record
• Have a strong commitment to help others setting goals and achieving breakthroughs
• Have the tenacity to deal with pressure
• Able to work both independently and as part of a team
• High proficiency in English and Chinese
How to apply:
If you share the vision of quality education for all, if you are ready to mentor and give your future students prospects for a better life through your passion, influence and guidance, please apply via Wantedly.
Deadline of Application: 17 January 2021 (First batch)
For more information about TUF Leadership Development Program, please visit our website