No description available.
Shopee is the leading e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia and Taiwan. It is a platform tailored for the region, providing customers with an easy, secure and fast online shopping experience through strong payment and logistical support.
Shopee aims to continually enhance its platform and become the region’s e-commerce destination of choice. Shopee has a wide selection of product categories ranging from consumer electronics to home & living, health & beauty, baby & toys, fashion and fitness equipment.
Shopee, a Sea company, was first launched in Singapore in 2015, and has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, Indonesia, Vietnam and the Philippines. Sea is a leader in digital entertainment, e-commerce and digital financial services across Greater Southeast Asia. Sea's mission is to better the lives of consumers and small businesses with technology, and is listed on the NYSE under the symbol SE.
• Design and grow the Shopee data platform to support a variety of big data applications using open-source technologies including Kafka, Hadoop, Presto, HBase, Spark, Hive, Druid, and our own creations. Some examples include a real-time data streaming platform, a unified query platform, a cluster management system, and a machine learning platform
• Design and grow Shopee’s data warehouse, build reliable and smart ways to ingest data to the warehouse, and help engineer efficient data pipelines. Some examples include self-service data ingestion systems, Airflow-enabled workflows with code-as-configuration, and data validation tools
• Build critical data marts and applications to support products and solve specific business needs, design data models for optimal storage and retrieval, and optimize data architectures to meet critical product and business requirements. Some examples include a real-time Campaign Mart (used to serve the business with live intelligence) and Order Mart (to supply low latency seller performance system)
• B. Sci. / Ms / PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field
• More than 3 years of working experience in software development in at least one of these languages: Java, Scala, Python, C/C++, under Linux / Unix. Scala is a plus
• Familiar with SQL; strong scripting ability in Bash is a plus
• Familiar with Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Presto, and other big data experience is a plus
• Familiar designing and operating of a robust distributed system is a plus
• Love to use and develop open-source technologies
• Excited to work intimately with data
• Passionate, self-motivated, and takes ownership
*NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS ONLY BASED IN SINGAPORE AND ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED*
Click "Want To Visit" if you want to have an opportunity here in Singapore.
There are no recommendations yet.