Arvin is the person responsible for growth strategy and demand generation at AKÏN. As the Managing Director, he champions brand storytelling, strategies, and technological innovation for both internal and external stakeholders for government, regional enterprises, and global companies.
As an integrated brand marketing agency, we help brands define and amplify their purpose to forge meaningful relationships with people. We work with stakeholders to solve business challenges and identify opportunities, helping brands and their products innovate, ensuring relevance and resonance within the market. We create these relationships through our marketing interventions, manifested through our knowledge of digital platforms and brand strategy to help organisations achieve their growth objectives.
We are strategists, consultants, designers, marketers, creatives and all the labels you may call us for the things we can do. We challenge the status quo and we make growth happen.
Together, with you.
OUR MISSION :
Creating a world of ‘Human’ Brands
A ‘Human’ brand as defined by an alignment of Core, Body Realm
HOW IT ALL STARTED
This needs a #throwback to the founding of our parent product development company, Techlyon. As people started approaching them for product and innovation consultations, we soon realised that brands didn’t just need help with technical development, but with client acquisition too.
With a shared mission to set the human standard for marketing, our founders joined forces to start AKÏN - a company that enable businesses to grow through Technological, Brand and Inbound Interventions.
But how do we help organisations achieve real growth?
We brought our skills of brand and technological innovations together with the philosophy of marketing. We build infrastructure and tools to facilitate interfacing brands and people, and rightfully so with the speed of today’s chatter in the digital world. We cut through the noise to build experiences that live between organisations and people - that’s the growth we’re looking for.
Values we live and work by
• LET’S MAKE IT HAPPEN: We believe it’s always possible
• BE LIKE A THREE-LEGGED TABLE: We take risks and we do new ideas
• IT STARTS WITH THE HEART: If it matters to you, it matters to us.
• ENABLING OTHERS: It’s all about the partnership and collaboration.
As a senior content lead, your main role would be to work in tandem with our design lead and team in the creation of ideas, to inspire the development of first-class content.
You will oversee the creative production of those within your charge, keeping our team and project executions in sync, from concept through to completion, and to ensure quality and efficiencies of work.Your work will also require oversight of activities of the content department, topic generation and working with various accounts to envisage and create a brand-relevant experience for audiences through content.
This level requires mid-level responsibilities i.e. it will require you to work closely with the internal leadership and stakeholders to drive all team initiatives to completion.
Starting from the role as a content strategist, there will be expectations to run the team independently, to defend and increase our revenue (for owned accounts or scope), and to assist in broader team and business management. You would be expected to take on ownership with the company that are more creative focused e.g. branding projects. As a content strategist, independence and ownership of projects will be expected.
Research and strategy:
• Plays a strategic role for campaign pitches, to collaborate with team and offer strategic counsel in brand content strategy, such as product branding, engagement strategy and messaging
• Be able to consolidate learnings from the team, tying it together, translating and elevating it into a business relevant outcome
• Set creative visions and new standards for the business
• Be informed on latest developments in the world of marketing and understand the impact on the recommendations we make
• Push clients towards fresh, exciting ideas - proactive in developing creative strategies that are forward thinking and in-line with current trends for potential and existing clients
• Stays on top of trends in culture, marketing, digital and how this influences the potential of brands and ultimately, how this can influence the work we do and clients we can approach
• Leads and own design / creative development process and creation
• Design and implement strategies for client’s business and /or AKÏN
• Enjoy thinking about and guiding team improve and elevate quality of work
• Collaborate with designers, product marketers, sales professionals, and external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and audience
• Able to effectively manage internal resources and has a strong understanding of personal strengths and weaknesses; implement required steps to overcome challenges
• Takes charge of given tasks to completion, self-educating if necessary
• Coaches and trains new skill-sets for the team or members when tasked, and is proactive in training members of team to elevate quality of work and skill sets beyond day-to-day project work by understanding broader workings (e.g. Arvin giving crash course on UX)
• Leading and dealing with ambiguity; stepping up when needed
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of campaign objectives and devise strategies to achieve them
• Oversees quality and approval of copy / creative alignment generated by team members and offer feedback when necessary
• Ability to troubleshoot and help team overcome ‘creative’ obstacles
• Reviews phases of projects, and advice on appropriate content strategies to forecast brand movement and long-term creative approach
• Able to command the design lexicon required to further a content-focused strategy
• Fluent in the workings, language and lexicon of various disciplines helming our business i.e. creative, content, digital strategy, martech and branding
• Overseeing creative strategy for accounts, troubleshooting and delivering key results for clients – working with the team to ensure everyone is on the same page and working towards the same goals
• Anticipating trends that may influence our work in relation to client’s businesses
• Comfortable and confident in both professional and commercial writing/client facing activities
• Excellent listening skills and ability to respond to briefs accurately
• The ability to plan and strategise projects
• Understands marketing principles such as brand positioning, value propositions, competitive landscape, target segmentation, customer journey etc.
We want to meet you! Click 'Want to Visit' to let us know you're open to this opportunity :)