Stylus Studio is an interior architectural practice specializing in luxury hospitality, residential, retail and office projects across Asia Pacific.
We believe every space, every interior detail, should serve a purpose. That’s why we’ve made it our purpose to craft meaningful spaces of enduring value. It’s a belief underpinned by a disciplined process: a process of research, storytelling, collaborative ingenuity, and a little magic to materialize the meaningful.
OUR WORK ALWAYS STRIVES TO MAKE US, THE END USER, AND THE CLIENT A BETTER PERSON.
ORIGINATES FROM BALANCE - Balancing contrasts gives birth to creativity — it’s what gives meaningful spaces their impact.
Our design philosophy originates in the concept of balance. Balance comes from contrast: from the duality of the heart and mind; with respect of a place, its people, and their needs to reinterpret the future space; from harmonizing practicality and aesthetics so the two are one in the same. It’s a loaded word, but we see it like riding a bike; you need to have balance to move forward.
MEANINGFUL DESIGN SEEKS THE TRUTH - We make it our responsibility to learn and consider multiple narratives of the same story.
This means we are great listeners: to our clients, to each other, to the history and environment of a place, and to needs of the ultimate users. We ask a lot of questions, and may even question what you believe your basic challenge is, or what you think you need from us.
MEANINGFUL DESIGN NEEDS DISCIPLINE-Discipline may sound like a threatening word, but to us, discipline equals freedom.
The more disciplined we are professionally the more efficient and trusted we become to operate independently. Our work doesn’t just call for creativity; it requires mastery in our process, attention to detail throughout the whole schedule, and diplomatic control to do what we do best — materialise the meaningful.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
As a Business Development Manager at Stylus Studio, you balance a culture of curiosity and creativity with our client’s business challenges, to create unparalleled, human-centered spaces. You’ll be focused on improving and growing our business, by fostering and developing relationships with clients and other partners. You may work to improve profitability through strategic business development planning and positioning in appropriate markets; by enhancing the operations of the business; or, through brand marketing and working with the media to build a positive reputation.
You work well on an independent basis – you’re a self-motivated person – but also enjoy working with a team of passionate staff. Your work will often reach across all areas of the business.
- Continuously works to keep a healthy pipeline of refreshed contacts:
- Classifies and confirms specific new business targets, weekly, within industries and/or service sectors we wish to focus on
- Personally contacts that “hit list” via phone calls, email, events or through social media
such as LinkedIn
- Weekly business development meeting to update Directors and to refine client targets
- Document all client and prospect data, including developing opportunities within existing
- Tailor credential decks to showcase relevant work that convinces the potential client of our capabilities
- Organise and attend new business meetings: delivering Stylus Studio’s credentials and participating in the conversation with gravitas
- Work with directors to scope and develop cost estimations and formal quotations, including collaborating with the client to refine the project deliverables
- Keep abreast of industry innovations, and review any potential integration of new ventures/partnerships/innovations with our own company strategy and operations; examining risks and potential benefits
- Identify partner companies who can help generate opportunities (PR, sustainability, copywriting, video production companies etc.)
- Participate in initial design concept development by thoroughly introducing the project to
the design team, occasionally undertaking project research and brainstorming with
designers for unique ideas
- Provide input and opinion into company sales and marketing (how the business positions itself for various audiences, online and offline)
- Ensure brand consistency of communication strategies at all levels
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry news/publications and attending related events - Creative copywriting for project and studio brand marketing, particularly for Instagram
- Promote and enhance brand reputation by participating in industry events, maintaining the company website, and updating marketing materials, social media and seasonal newsletters
- Manage and improve lead generation campaigns, measuring results
- Identifying award opportunities and preparing entry material and coordination
- Seek media opportunities to profile the studio and directors.
- Degree or above with a minimum 5 years’ experience in sales and marketing (architectural/interior design experience is well regarded).
- Solid skills in ‘Microsoft Office’ is a must, with proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop preferred
- Excellence in spoken and written English is essential for this position, with Chinese well regarded. We are also interested in international talent looking to gain Asian experience.
- A clear and collaborative communication style — you’re a team player who thrives working with a passionate and optimistic bunch of experienced designers.
- Demonstrates positive, mature and well-organized characteristics.