Fiona Ching has more than 15 years of experience spanning corporate sustainability consulting, starting and running a social enterprise, humanitarian project management and other non-profit roles.
Before she moved back to Hong Kong in Spring 2015, Fiona was a consultant with Environmental Resour...
Alicia is the Project Director for TrailWatch. Alicia has over 15 years of work experience across a number of industries, including not-for-profits, management consulting, banking and entrepreneurship. Outside of TrailWatch, Alicia founded a not-for-profit sports organisation that uses sports as ...
Formed in 2011 in Hong Kong, the WYNG Foundation is a philanthropy that supports both local and international academic, artistic and urban initiatives by facilitating collaborations among institutions and individuals.
It seeks to give back to the community by empowering individuals and institutions through support of information exchange platforms – by providing opportunities to acquire, exchange, disseminate and to apply knowledge to achieve a more advanced and a more caring society.
One of the Foundation’s programmes is the WYNG Media Award (WMA) series, which, through photography, film and literature, engages the public, and promotes positive change. Past themes explored included “Poverty”, “Air”, “Waste”, “Identity”, “Mobility”, “Transition” and “Opportunity”. The theme for the 2019/20 cycle is “Light”.
Another initiative is TrailWatch, a mobile application and online community that enables users to track and share their hiking experiences, while surveilling the conditions of Hong Kong’s country parks.
TrailWatch is looking for a teammate who enjoys being outdoors and protecting nature, and is keen to share and promote this to others through a mobile application and website. The ideal teammate has at least 2 - 3 years of relevant experience with product and project management, and who actively seeks to enhance the user experience, user engagement and community development. This role is suitable for those who have an entrepreneurial mindset, and have experience in mobile application and website development, and can use data to draw insights on customer behaviour to drive decisions and product development to enhance our product and service offering.
● Work closely with to identify gaps in features, functions and UX / UI, provide recommendations, ideas and solutions for enhancing our product and services
● Communicate our needs and expectations to our App and Website developer for ongoing features and functions enhancement, UX / UI design, and project manage timelines and development
● Engage our TrailWatch users to continuously be on top of understanding their needs, expectations and behaviours
● Stay abreast of advances in mobile application and website development as well as competitive and market landscape, so that TrailWatch is able to stay in line and ahead in the market
● Be able to interpret data, analyze results, identify trends and patterns and provide ongoing reports as needed
● Able to perform basic coding or programming as needed
Desired Skills & Experience:
● Passionate about product development (mobile applications and website development / maintenance)
● Empathetic to user needs and expectations
● Able to balance users’ requirements with our constraints and what we want users to do
● Problem-solver and willing to get to understand root causes
● “Can-do” mindset; willing to try, learn, fail and adapt
● Effective communicator who is able to navigate different perspective
● Detail-oriented, organized, energetic, proactive, and can self-manage
● Proficiency in oral and written English and Chinese
● Passionate about outdoor recreation and environmental protection
● Basic understanding of biodiversity and environmental issues is an advantage but not required
Think you're the perfect fit for us? Please click the "I'm interested!" button to apply!