Business (Finance, HR etc.)
Everywhere it matters, Thales is there. In all its markets — aerospace, space, ground transportation, defence and security, and digital security — our solutions help customers to make the right decisions at the right time and act accordingly.
Thales Solutions Asia
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
Thales is a global high technology leader investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations to build a future we can all trust, which is vital to the development of our societies.
The combined expertise of our 80,000 employees, world-class technology, and operations in 68 countries have made Thales a key player in keeping the public safe and secure, guarding vital infrastructure and protecting the national security interests of countries around the globe.
Thales established its presence in Singapore in 1973 to support the expansion of aerospace-related activities in the Asia-Pacific region. Throughout the last four decades, the company grew from strength to strength and is today involved in the primary businesses of Aerospace (including Air Traffic Management), Defence & Security, Ground Transportation and Digital Identity & Security. Thales today employs over 2,100 people in Singapore across all its business areas.
To succeed, we must work as partners with our customers, listening to them, anticipating their needs and finding solutions together. By delivering on our promises and providing state-of-the-art solutions and top-quality service, we ensure the long-term satisfaction of our customers.
One Team, One Thales
We share responsibilities in a culture of loyalty, partnership and transparency. We encourage solidarity and cooperation at every level of the organisation. We are all on the same team and united in our actions.
Developing our people
Supporting the professional development of each employee is fundamental. We respect diversity and promote knowledge-sharing. We encourage dialogue. And we promote collective achievements as well as individual talents.
Accountable and committed to excellence
We strive to achieve excellence by acting with integrity, loyalty, accountability and professionalism in everything we do.
Agile and innovative
We aim to continually improve quality and work more efficiently. This means being ready to take risks, always demonstrating leadership, deciding quickly and acting on our decisions immediately. We strive to build on new ideas to achieve a competitive advantage.
As a Site Reliability Engineer for the Cloud Center of Excellence team located in Singapore, you will apply software engineering skills to progress, protect, and provide for the software and systems behind all Thales AWS infrastructure ecosystem, with an ever-watchful eye on their availability, latency, performance and capacity. You will drive reliability and performance across a massive scale by mastering the full depth of the stack.
A week in the life of a Site Reliability Engineer:
• Working on key initiatives to help the operational scaling and growth of the non-production and production services.
• Contributing to and maintaining engineering and system standards.
• Providing expert diagnosis and review of the live service and application performance.
• Providing deep support to the live service with emphasis on service reliability and mitigation over break and fix.
• Perform regular performance tuning, technological watch and updates on service platform.
• Identifying and developing processes, tools, automation, and software changes to address top operational issues.
• Working in close collaboration with engineering and support operations teams to shape the future roadmap and establish strong operational readiness across teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• To succeed at this job, you must have a good understanding of AWS cloud services and DevOps practices.
• You must have past experiences on Linux based OS, Python programing language, automation technics (e.g.: Chef TerraForm), code versioning like Git, CI/CD chain and monitoring/logging like Splunk.
• You must be used to manipulate code to improve system availability and latency and to optimize code for stability, functionality and scalability for a segment of Thales AWS infrastructure.
• We would like someone to join our team who love “Infrastructure as a Code” and that think about “Server Immutability”.
Click on "I'm Interested" to apply now!