Driving Southeast Asia forward with the green dream machine. Communications generalist by nature, currently deepening my roots in Employer Branding. NTU WKWSCI Postgraduate.
Hey, i’m Joel! With a strong interest in branding, marketing and design, I am actively pursuing relevant education and experience in the field!
As a creative specialising in marketing on digital and social media, I believe in the power of social platforms to build awareness and initiate positive changes. My current role allows me to bring to life Grab's employer brand.
Through strategic communication, online and offline activation, I lev...
Grab is one of Southeast Asia's leading superapp that provides everyday services that matter the most to consumers. Through its open platform strategy, Grab works with partners to provide safe, accessible and affordable transport, food, package, grocery delivery, mobile payments and financial services to millions of Southeast Asians.
We are living in dynamic times. Technology is reshaping how we live, and we want to use it to redefine how financial services are offered. Grab is one of the leading technology company in Southeast Asia offering everyday services to the masses. Singtel is Asia’s leading communications group connecting millions of consumers and enterprises to essential digital services. This is why we are coming together to unlock big dreams, and financial inclusion for people in our region is just one of them. We want to build a digital bank with the right foundation - using data, technology and trust to solve problems and serve consumers. If you have what it takes to help build this new Digibank with us.
The Digibank engineering team is responsible for building safe, secure and high throughput payments primitives. We own a range of platform primitive components such as, but not limited to, Wallet, Fraud Prevention System and API Gateway. We take pride in building distributed systems that have the real impact on the lives of millions of users in our endeavour to out-serve the underserved population. Terms such as Idempotency, CAP theorem, Distributed Consensus are not just theoretical terms for us but have a real bearing on the systems we build.
1. Trust that you will have a safe ride
Travel with confidence knowing that Grab’s top priority is your safety. From driver safety training and vehicle safety checks, to personal accident insurance coverage for all our drivers and passengers and government partnerships to promote safety, you know we have your back.
2. Take the transport option that fits your need
We put freedom in your hands. The most transport options, at every price point, with comfort, speed and affordability – you can have it all at the touch of a button.
3. Let us take care of you
We believe that a sustainable business is one that improves the lives of the people it touches – passengers, drivers, employees, governments and society at large.
Life at Grab is all about positive disruption – and yes, crazy days are part of that package too. Still, that’s never stopped a Grabber from having fun. In fact, it’s what keeps us motivated to shake things up further.
Life as a Grabber means succeeding in a culture of passion and innovation. We are hungry to make a difference, and recognise that good decisions often come from the heart. We are humbled by our communities, and are proud to serve them with honour. We come from all over the world, united by a common goal to make life better everyday for our users.
If you share our mission of Driving Southeast Asia Forward, apply to be part of the team today!
Get to know the Role:
- Design, develop, and maintain backend components and services.
- Be proactive and creative to strike the right balance between product, engineering, and business needs.
- Relentless focus on delivering high quality, bug-free code.
- Help and mentor those around you to achieve the team and company goals.
- Go the extra mile to identify and fix consumer pain-points.
The day-to-day activities:
- Collaborate with the product, business, and program management team to be on top of your deliverables.
- Participate in technical and product review meetings.
- Timely delivery of high quality, maintainable and operationally excellent code.
- Timely closure of all the assigned code review and design reviews.
- Closely work with SRE and DevOps team to setup hardware and microservices infrastructure.
- Participate in team on-call rotation to help us achieve operational excellence.
The must haves:
- Engineering graduate. Specialization in CS/IT is desired but not required.
- Working knowledge of building back end systems around DBMS, Caches, NoSQL, Web and App servers.
- Proficient in at least one programming language.
- Proficient in fundamentals of CS such as Data Structures, Algorithms, Operating Systems etc.
- Looking for folks with at least 10 years of experience.
- You grok Web technologies and distributed systems.
- Experience in building consumer facing product is highly desired but not required.
- Prior experience in building OLTP systems is highly desired but not required.
- Curiosity to learn new concepts.
Come on, the all-new Digibank is awaiting. Click "I'm Interested!"