Hey, I’m Joel! With a strong interest in branding, marketing and design, I am actively pursuing relevant education and experience in the field!
Hi! I'm Charmaine and I'm a Marketing graduate from the Singapore University of Social Sciences who is passionate about the dynamic and ever-changing media industry.
Grab is Southeast Asia’s leading superapp that provides everyday services such as mobility, deliveries (food, packages, groceries), mobile payments and financial services to millions of Southeast Asians.
Grab aims to use technology to empower its communities and elevate the quality of life for everyone.
1. Trust that you will have a safe ride
Travel with confidence knowing that Grab’s top priority is your safety. From driver safety training and vehicle safety checks, to personal accident insurance coverage for all our drivers and passengers and government partnerships to promote safety, you know we have your back.
2. Take the transport option that fits your need
We put freedom in your hands. The most transport options, at every price point, with comfort, speed and affordability – you can have it all at the touch of a button.
3. Let us take care of you
We believe that a sustainable business is one that improves the lives of the people it touches – passengers, drivers, employees, governments and society at large.
Life at Grab is all about positive disruption – and yes, crazy days are part of that package too. Still, that’s never stopped a Grabber from having fun. In fact, it’s what keeps us motivated to shake things up further.
Life as a Grabber means succeeding in a culture of passion and innovation. We are hungry to make a difference, and recognise that good decisions often come from the heart. We are humbled by our communities, and are proud to serve them with honour. We come from all over the world, united by a common goal to make life better everyday for our users.
If you share our mission of Driving Southeast Asia Forward, apply to be part of the team today!
About the Team
We are a high impact team on a mission to build and deliver the best SuperApp experience for the Grab app that millions of consumers across Southeast Asia rely on for their most important daily needs. We always work hard to deliver a reliable, secure and high-quality experience for consumers by applying the best engineering practices to our work with a focus on engineering excellence and maintaining a continuous growth mindset
As a Senior Android engineer, you will be involved in the software development lifecycle in a top-notch engineering environment where you are expected to deliver the product with the highest quality.
Get to know the Role:
• Work closely with product and design team to understand requirements and translate them to elegant implementations
• Build reusable Android software components for interfacing with multiple mobile teams.
• Improve code quality across multiple application components by reviewing each other’s code, share knowledge, and help out within and across teams.
• Monitor and improve the app performance on both code and experience level.
• Tackle various kinds of issues that can occur in a widely used Android application.
• Collaborate with QA on continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) as well as other automated and manual testing to make sure our app releases are always worthy of five-star ratings.
• Provide technical guidance and mentorship to peers.
• Evaluate new mobile methodologies and technologies.
• 5+ years of android application development experience.
• Strong programming experience in Kotlin
• Understanding the Android system and programming paradigm including OOP, TDD, reactive patterns and dependency injection.
• Working knowledge of several architectural approaches including clean architecture, MVP and MVVM.
• Experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design, unit testing and UI testing techniques.
• Extensive experience in maintaining applications, crash analytics, remote debugging and continuous integration.
• Highly accountable and takes ownership of your own work.
• Experience in developing apps with Flutter is a bonus
If you share our vision of driving South East Asia forward, click "I'm interested" to apply and we'd love to speak with you today!