Employer Branding Associate at Grab
Grab is Southeast Asia’s leading superapp that provides everyday services such as mobility, deliveries (food, packages, groceries), mobile payments and financial services to millions of Southeast Asians.
Grab aims to use technology to empower its communities and elevate the quality of life for everyone.
1. Trust that you will have a safe ride
Travel with confidence knowing that Grab’s top priority is your safety. From driver safety training and vehicle safety checks, to personal accident insurance coverage for all our drivers and passengers and government partnerships to promote safety, you know we have your back.
2. Take the transport option that fits your need
We put freedom in your hands. The most transport options, at every price point, with comfort, speed and affordability – you can have it all at the touch of a button.
3. Let us take care of you
We believe that a sustainable business is one that improves the lives of the people it touches – passengers, drivers, employees, governments and society at large.
Life at Grab is all about positive disruption – and yes, crazy days are part of that package too. Still, that’s never stopped a Grabber from having fun. In fact, it’s what keeps us motivated to shake things up further.
Life as a Grabber means succeeding in a culture of passion and innovation. We are hungry to make a difference, and recognise that good decisions often come from the heart. We are humbled by our communities, and are proud to serve them with honour. We come from all over the world, united by a common goal to make life better everyday for our users.
If you share our mission of Driving Southeast Asia Forward, apply to be part of the team today!
Get to know the team:
The Content Design team—part of the larger Grab Design team—works hand-in-hand with product designers to create products that are usable, clear, and express the Grab brand.
Our vision: the best Southeast Asia, through design. We work to create experiences people love and use every day.
We believe in a holistic view of design, from foundational research to measuring business impact. Our team includes designers, researchers, animators, engineers, producers, and writers in Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, and China.
Diversity enables our innovation. Studied design? Great! Self-taught? Great! We have design team members with backgrounds in engineering, industrial design, architecture, psychiatry, hospitality, public service, music, fashion, and journalism.
Get to know the role:
We are looking for an experienced Content Designer to design experiences through language for Grab’s apps and website. The Content Designer should demonstrate strong UX writing and user-centric thinking, as well as stakeholder management skills. They should be able to plan, create, design, and govern the content for products they work on, from the big picture strategy to minute details that matter.
The day-to-day activities:
• Work on delivering the source content (English) on Grab’s mobile apps, web platforms, and other tools without close supervision
• Coordinate with localisation specialists to ensure the content is suitable for various markets and localisation-friendly
• Work collaboratively with Product Designers, Product Managers, Product Marketing Managers, other Content Designers, and Language Specialists to deliver the best possible experience, while retaining our brand voice
• Ensure content quality by providing critique and feedback
• Take initiative, anticipate problems, and enable your working teams to develop solutions
• Cultivate a team culture of openness and collaboration
• Develop and implement best practices for writers, designers, and engineers to strengthen collaboration and raise the quality of content
• Understand and apply user insights and metrics to the content, while guiding junior Content Designers to do the same
• Outstanding UX writing and editing skills in English
• Able to make effective content decisions based on solid rationale which aligns with both user needs and the company vision
• Cares about and advocates for a better quality of life for the people in Southeast Asia
• Able to work with a regional or international team of writers and / or designers to deliver a unified experience
• Has experience applying a universal voice and various tones for different audiences, and you can coach other people to do so too
• Able to collaborate with localisation teammates to deliver what’s best for the users in each country
• Has an open mind and able to adapt to new ideas
• Strong time management, stakeholder management, and prioritisation skills, as you’ll be handling multiple projects at the same time
• Able to collaborate using remote collaboration tools
• Has relevant experience using the Agile methodology and MVP approaches
• Ability to resolve issues diplomatically
• Background in communications, social sciences, humanities, or a writing-related field
• Experience in e-commerce, financial services, or tech startup environments
• Entrepreneurial experience
• Knows how to justify why we should or shouldn’t use the Oxford comma